Test Proctoring Guidelines
- The Library does not require persons who need proctoring to be residents or cardholders of the Library District.
- There is no fee for having exams proctored by Library staff.
- The student must make an appointment for proctoring with the Adult Services Manager. The student and Manager will agree on a mutually convenient time for the proctoring. The Manager may assign one of the staff librarians to serve as proctor for that day and time.
- Proctoring may be scheduled for weekdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm or on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Some evening hours may be available for proctoring, depending on the Library schedule and/or activities in the Library. Staff members may not be able to monitor a student continuously during an exam.
- Scheduling for a proctored exam is on a first come, first served basis.
- The Library will proctor either written or online exams.
- Other than completing forms provided by the testing institution, the Library will not submit special letters, make telephone requests, or submit staff credentials for review. Normally, the testing institution will supply a “request for proctoring” form in the class material or have it available on their website.
- If the exam is written, it will be the student’s responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the Library, and to contact the Adult Services Department to verify that the exam has been received.
- For closed-book tests, the student may sit at one of the public tables adjacent to the Adult Services desk. For open-book, the student may sit at one of those tables or in a study room assigned by the librarian.
- For online exams, it is the student’s responsibility to know the testing institution’s web address and to arrange for any required passwords to be delivered to the Library prior to the testing day.
- The Library reserves the right to return to the testing institution any exams that are received without prior contact with the student.
- Before taking the exam, the student will be required to present a photo I.D.
- Staff will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam.
- The student must allow sufficient time to take the exam before the deadline established by the institution. The Library will hold tests for 30 days or until the exam’s stated deadline. If the student does not complete the test by that time, the test will be returned to the institution.
- The student must allow adequate time for completion of the exam. Exams will not be scheduled during the last hour the Library is open. The student should come prepared with all necessary materials prescribed and/or allowed by the testing institution, including pencils, calculators, etc.
- Staff will not grade exams.
- If the institution has not enclosed a return, postpaid envelope, the student will provide postage. Allow sufficient return time for normal library mailing. The Library will not give the exam to the student to mail. Normally, the exam envelope will leave the building the next business day via U.S. mail. We are unable to honor requests requiring special trips to the Post Office, FedEx, or UPS. The Library will fax or email completed exams only to the testing institution as required.
- The Library staff will not photocopy finished exams or hold exams past the date that they are taken.
If you have questions about test proctoring, please contact the Adult Services Manager, (630) 260-1550 x345 or email@example.com .