For Immediate Release:
Library Closed Wed, 01/30 and Thu, 01/31 until 1:15 PM
Due to the extreme cold, the Glenside Public Library District will be operating solely as a warming center on Wed, 01/30 from 9 am – 9 pm and on Thu, 01/31 from 9 am – 1:15 pm. During this time, there will be no materials lending, programs, computer access, etc. Normal library services will resume on Thu, 01/31 at 1:15 pm.
A warming center is a short-term emergency shelter that operates when temperatures or a combination of precipitation, wind chill, wind and temperature become dangerously inclement. Their paramount purpose is the prevention of death and injury from exposure to the elements.
Cold Weather Tips:
- Layer up! Wear a hat and gloves as well to maintain body temperature.
- Keep all pets indoors.
- If using a space heater, place it on a level, hard surface and keep anything flammable at least three feet away – things such as paper, clothing, bedding, curtains or rugs.
- Before bed, turn off space heaters and make sure fireplace embers are out before leaving the room.
- Run water at a trickle to keep your pipes from freezing.
- Do NOT use a stove or oven to heat your home.
Thank you for your understanding,
Glenside Public Library District