Apply for a Passport!
Your library has been designated as an official Passport Acceptance Facility of the U.S. Department of State. We accept DS-11 applications for NEW passports at the Circulation Desk during the times listed below.
To assure the library can best meet your needs, please call 630-260-1550 to make an appointment for passport services. Appointments can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- Monday–Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm (last appointment: 7:15 pm)
- Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (last appointment 4:15 pm)
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (last appointment 3:15 pm)
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (last appointment 3:15 pm)
Adult Passport renewals are easy to do, and do not require a visit to an Acceptance Facility. To renew a 10-year adult passport, visit travel.state.gov and download form DS-82 along with the instructions. You can renew by mail if all of the following are true of your most recent U.S. Passport:
- It is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older.
- Was issued within the last 15 years; (not expired more than 5 years).
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with a certified copy of your marriage certificate or government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.
Complete the application and mail the application, payment, a current passport photo (adhering to the U. S. Department of State’s photo guidelines), and the passport to the address on the form.