On Monday, June 29, we re-opened to the public during our normal operating hours: Mon–Thu: 9 am – 9 pm, Fri–Sat: 9 am – 5 pm, Sun: 1-5 pm
Public Safety Policies: To assure the safety of our library community, the following policies have been put into place:
All visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face covering or mask over their nose and mouth at all times.
Alternative access to services are available for those unable to wear a mask, please contact the library for details.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, do not enter.
Symptoms include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet apart.
COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet) for a prolonged period.
Prevent overcrowding by limiting visits to an hour.
By limiting visits, our building capacity will remain low, thus allowing proper social distancing.
Do not bring food or drink into the building.
Because visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face covering or mask over their nose and mouth at all times, food and drink will not be permitted.
- In-building copying, faxing, and printing.
- Adults may access computers for a maximum of one hour a day.
- All library collections are available for browsing and check-out.
- All curbside services will continue.
- Library card registration and renewal.
- Outdoor book drop will remain open to accept all returns.
- Study and meeting room reservations.
- Notary and passport services (no photos will be provided).
Temporarily Unavailable Services
- Seating is limited throughout the library to assure social distance safety measures are in place.
- Preschool Play area is closed and all shared toys/activities have been removed.
- Teen room and teen computers are closed.
- Children’s computers are closed.